What's in our lotions?
Jojoba oil is another oil found within our lotions. Like Shea butter we are obsessed with this North American gem. Jojoba oil is the liquid produced in the seed of the Simmondsia chinensis plant, a shrub, which is native to southern Arizona, southern California, and northwestern Mexico. During this time there is nothing more important than supporting our economy with shopping for products that include ingredients that are ethically sourced in our own (or close to) our own backyard. If you have tried this oil you know what we are taking about, it really is the one cure all ingredient for so many skin issue and preventative maintenance. If not, let us tell you about it.
Here are some of the benefits to using this oil as part of your skin care routine:
- it's moisturizing (seals your skin to keep in moisture)
- it's antibacterial (contains antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties)
- it's an antioxidant (contains natural forms of vitamin E)
- it's noncomedogenic (most like the oil produced naturally by your body)
- it's hypoallergenic (non irritating botanical properties)
- it helps control sebum production (tells your body you don't need additional oil to avoid over oil production)
- it promotes anti-aging and reduces wrinkles (the antioxidants found help to produce collagen naturally)
- it can treat acne and acne scarring (encourages your skin cells to bind together after a cut or scratch)
- it's anti-inflamitory (may help soothe eczema, psoriasis, and other drying skin conditions)
Whether you have any of the above needs or are just curious about the oil, you are not alone. Discover why this northern gem is the diamond our skin craves and desired. Try out Zest for Life Lotion, which contains Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Grape Seed Oil.
Leave a comment below to let us know why you love Jojoba oil or if you are going to try it, tell us why! We look forward to hearing from you.